It is so hard to believe that 2014 has arrived!
That old adage about time flying is completely accurate.
Naturally, the Food Bank of Western New York never has an “off” time.
People need us all year round, and, because of you, we are able to be here!
Here are just a very few of the wonderful things we accomplished this year (with your dedicated assistance through your donations and volunteer hours):
· Nineteen new charitable food-providing agencies signed on with us!
· Our Backpack Program added eight new schools with 50 students each! This program is now in all four of the counties we serve: Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie and Niagara!
· Through our new Direct Delivery Program for Erie County, we have distributed 3,656,234 pounds of food just since May, 2013!
· Our Food Express trucks delivered over 1,200,000 pounds of nutritious fresh foods directly to clients in all four of the counties we serve!
· Early in the year, we hit a very major milestone by distributing our 300,000,000th pound of food to those in need!
· 34,000 families in need reached out to us for assistance through our member agencies, and we were there for them!
We feel the work of the Food Bank of Western New York is one of this region’s best-kept secrets! Please put us on your to-do list and take the time to come for a tour. There is nothing we enjoy so much as meeting those of you who support us and showing you what gets accomplished because of your generosity. Call us at 852-1305 to arrange an appointment.
Have a wonderful and fulfilling New Year!
Marylou Borowiak, President & CEO
& the Entire Staff of the Food Bank of Western New York