HUNGER ACTION MONTH IS HERE!
Every September, food banks across the nation rally around the fight against hunger, which affects more than 42 million people in the United States. Hunger Action Month is an opportunity for you to get involved and make a difference in the fight against hunger.
It is a chance for community members, businesses, organizations, elected officials and EVERYONE to take action.
Why should you get involved? In the Food Bank of WNY’s four-county service area, 1 in 8 individuals are at risk of hunger.
How can YOU make a difference during Hunger Action Month? Possibilities include advocating on behalf of our most vulnerable clients, donating to our food bank, or organizing a food drive in order for YOU to make a significant contribution in the community.
Ways to get involved:
- WATCH the video to the right to see a heartwarming story of a family’s struggle with hunger.
- LEARN more about the extent of hunger in Western New York.
- GO ORANGE for Hunger Action Day on Thursday, September 13, 2018.
- ORANGE is the official color of Hunger Action Month! Wear your orange shirts, socks, pants or any item to raise awareness about hunger in our region. Show off your threads on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram using #HungerActionMonth and make sure to tag us!
- ADVOCATE for your neighbors who struggle to put nutritious food on the table.
- REGISTER to vote in this year’s midterm elections.
- DONATE to the Food Bank of WNY! 94 cents of every $1 raised goes directly to our programs and services that fight hunger in the community.
- ORGANIZE a food or fund drive to help keep our agencies’ shelves stocked!
- VOLUNTEER to help sort and pack food in the Food Bank of WNY’s warehouse.
- EXPERIENCE the events that benefit our community and the Food Bank.
- READ to discover the latest stories about the impact the Food Bank has in Western New York.
- GRAB A PLATE and share what you can’t do on an empty stomach.